Job Type Contract
- Oversee the coordination and facilitation to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of application releases.
- Oversee the management of day to day aspects of the integration and flow of development, testing, deployment, and support of these systems from development to production.
- Use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate and lead deployments of major application releases.
- Create, review, publish and manage release plans, formal release notification, deployment instructions and release notes, including implementation plans.
- Escalate critical issues/risks to program managers and management.
- Communicate to IT leadership and project stakeholders on project status including prioritization, risks and mitigation plans to support decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Processing / Computer Science / Info Systems OR equivalent education and/or related work experience.
- Six (6) years of experience in software development OR a combination of relevant experience and demonstrated ability to meet the Information Systems Career Ladder.
- Competencies which include Focus, Leadership, Design/Analysis, Support/Implementation, Strategy, Budget and Analytic Ability.
- Experience with the Agile workflow in TFS.
- Understanding of version control systems (preferably GIT), incident tracking tools (TFS, JIRA) and build/deployment tools (Jenkins, GitLab).
- Experience with Change Control, Application Release Management, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Insurance background.